This is more than the usual set of class rules.
Deepen your students’ understanding of Australia’s Constitution and its important role by creating their own Class Constitution.
Your students will need to work together and dig deep to determine a core set of 5 values that represent the class as a whole. Then, they’ll need to draft, edit and revise their Constitution until each core value has its own Constitutional statement. Just like the delegates in the lead up to Australia’s Federation.
This is an excellent back to school activity to establish class expectations and teamwork OR it’s an ideal activity to incorporate into your HASS – Australian History and Civics and Citizenship lessons to consolidate understanding of Australia’s Constitution and its important role in maintaining and protecting the democratic rights of all Australians for more than 100 years.
Everything you need is included. You’ll receive:
- 4 Australian Curriculum Aligned lesson plans
- A printable student workbook
- Full-colour poster template for your classroom wall.
This resource is aligned with the following Australian Curriculum Content Descriptors:
HASS – Australian History
- Work in groups to generate responses to issues and challenges ACHASSI130
- Key figures, events and ideas that led to Australia’s Federation and Constitution ACHASSK134
Personal, Social & Community Health
- Practise skills to establish and manage relationships ACPPS055
- Identify how valuing diversity positively influences the wellbeing of the community ACPPS060
Check out our preview video to learn more about this resource.