Bring your Business and Economics lessons to life with hands-on activities that explore their role as consumers and the need to make informed choices.
Worried about teaching Business and Economics because you don’t know the difference between the NASDAQ and the All Ords? Don’t stress we’ve got you covered, and you don’t need an Economics degree or even read the business pages.
This activity pack will help your students explore and discuss the many factors that influence their consumer decisions and buying behaviour. It will also encourage them to discuss methods that can be used to make informed personal consumer and financial choices and the importance of being alert to hidden tactics used by advertisers.
By interacting with classmates and considering their own experiences as a consumer your students will become experts in:
- Defining and identifying a wide variety of factors that impact their consumer decisions.
- Describing factors that influence consumer purchasing decisions such as personal preference, trends, economic factors such as budgets, advertising and peer pressure
- Comparing the influence of various selling and advertising tactics used by businesses to influence their consumer decision making.
You know they learn better when they can make real-life connections. Well, the following activities do just that:
- Why Did You Buy? Worksheet and Flipbook
- Advertising Analysis Activity
- What Makes Us Buy? Brainstorming template.
And to we’ve included:
- A detailed lesson plan.
Your business and economics lessons don’t have to be as boring as the stock market report!
Want to see what you’re getting before you buy? Click here to download a preview.
Australian Curriculum Content? Consider it done!
You can tick off the following Curriculum descriptors!
- ACHASSI101 – Evaluate evidence to draw conclusions
- ACHASSI102 – Work in groups to generate responses to issues and challenges
- ACHASSK119 – explaining reasons for differences in needs and wants for different groups
- ACHASSK120 – types of resources (natural, human, capital) and the ways societies use them to satisfy the needs and wants of present and future generations
- ACHASSI130 – Work in groups to generate responses to issues and challenges.
- ACHASSI131 – Use criteria to make decisions and judgements and consider the advantages and disadvantages of preferring one decision over others.