Bring your Business and Economics lessons to life with this hands-on activity that will help your students understand personal needs and wants and their impact on our consumer behaviour.
Worried about teaching Business and Economics because you don’t know the difference between the NASDAQ and the All Ords? Don’t stress we’ve got you covered, and you don’t need an Economics degree or even read the business pages.
This activity pack will help your students recognise that our needs and wants are unique to each person and that as a result our priorities and buying decisions also differ.
By interacting with classmates and considering the needs of others your students will become experts in:
- Understanding how and why our needs and wants are individual to each person.
- Recognising how our personal needs and wants impact our consumer behaviour.
- How our needs and wants change over time.
You know they learn better when they can make real-life connections. Well, the following activities do just that:
- Personal Needs and Wants Profile Cards for analysis and discussion – laminate these individually OR show them on your Smart Board.
- Personal Needs and Wants? Foldable Venn Diagram.
- Personal Needs and Wants consolidation worksheet.
And to we’ve included:
- Teaching notes and lesson ideas
- Detailed lesson plans
Your business and economics lessons don’t have to be as boring as the stock market report!
Want to see what you’re getting before you buy? Download the preview here.
You can tick off the following Curriculum descriptors!
- ACHASSI101 – Evaluate evidence to draw conclusions
- ACHASSI102 – Work in groups to generate responses to issues and challenges
- ACHASSK119 – debating whether one person’s need is another person’s need or want.
- ACHASSI130 – Work in groups to generate responses to issues and challenges.
- ACHASSI131 – Use criteria to make decisions and judgements and consider the advantages and disadvantages of preferring one decision over others.