Bring your Business and Economics lessons to life with hands-on activities that explore Economic Resources.
Worried about teaching Business and Economics because you don’t know the difference between the NASDAQ and the All Ords? Don’t stress we’ve got you covered, and you don’t need an Economics degree or even read the business pages.
This activity pack will help your students define and identify the various types of economics resources including Natural, Human, Capital and Community Resources.
By interacting with classmates and considering their own experiences as a consumer your students will become experts in:
- Defining and identifying the various types of economic resources.
- Exploring the ways resources are currently used to meet these needs and wants and how resources might be used more sustainably to meet these needs and wants into the future. (ACARA)
You know they learn better when they can make real-life connections. Well, the following activities do just that:
- What Are Resources Introductory Lesson and Scavenger Hunt
- What Are Natural Resources? Foldable Pocket Activity
- Australia’s Natural Resources Mapping Activity
- What are Capital Resources? Flipbook Activity
- What are Human Resources? Flipbook Activity
- Community Resources Matchbook Activity
And to we’ve included:
- Detailed lesson plans for each activity.
Your business and economics lessons don’t have to be as boring as the stock market report!
Want to see what you’re getting before you buy? Click here to download a preview.
Australian Curriculum Content? Consider it done!
You can tick off the following Curriculum descriptors!
- ACHASSI101 – Evaluate evidence to draw conclusions
- ACHASSI102 – Work in groups to generate responses to issues and challenges
- ACHASSK119 – explaining reasons for differences in needs and wants for different groups
- ACHASSK120 – types of resources (natural, human, capital) and the ways societies use them to satisfy the needs and wants of present and future generations
- ACHASSI130 – Work in groups to generate responses to issues and challenges.
- ACHASSI131 – Use criteria to make decisions and judgements and consider the advantages and disadvantages of preferring one decision over others.