Explore the concepts of Scarcity, Supply and Demand with this pack of four activities designed especially for your Business and Economics HASS unit.
Understanding economic concepts can be difficult for primary students. Making real life connections can help and the highly engaging activities in this pack have been designed to provide meaningful and age-appropriate learning opportunities for upper primary students.
In this pack you will find:
- Teaching notes and assembly instructions
- A detailed lesson plan
- ‘What Does It Cost?” matching activity and review worksheet
- Understanding Scarcity, Supply and Demand worksheet
- Scarcity, Supply and Demand In Action flip book activity using a local business as a real-life example.
- Defining Scarcity, Supply and Demand Flap Book.
Is your classroom 1:1? You can check out our Business and Economics Vocabulary – DIGITAL Dictionary Flip Book for a paperless version of this activity.
Australian Curriculum Links:
ACHASSK119 – The difference between needs and wants, how we are affected by scarcity and why choices need to be made about how limited resources are used.
ACHASSI099 – Examine different viewpoints on actions, events, issues and phenomena in the past and present.