This activity pack will provide everything you need to help your students conduct their own interview with a new Australian Citizen and prepare a biography of their life. This is the ideal activity for the end of your citizenship unit for both consolidation and assessment.
This activity pack contains the following activities:
• Teacher notes
• Why do we ask questions? Brainstorming sheet
• Thick and thin question sorting activity
• Interview question template
• Interview notes timeline worksheet
• Writing a biography notes and brainstorming page
• Biography checklist
• Final draft templates including space for a photograph and teacher comments
• Celebrating Citizenship compilation book cover – Black and White and Colour
• Marking rubric
• Australia’s Patchwork of citizenship templates
An answer key is included to make marking a breeze!
This file is zipped. Once downloaded right click the file and select ‘extract all’ to open.
ACHASSK147 – The shared values of Australian citizenship and the formal rights, privileges and responsibilities of Australian citizens.
ACHASSI131 – Use criteria to make decisions and judgements and consider advantages and disadvantages of preferring one decision over others.
ACHASSI133 – Present ideas, findings, viewpoints and conclusions in a range of texts and modes that incorporate source materials, digital and non-digital representations and discipline-specific terms and conventions.